AFP Teaching Artists with students in a story-building workshop
AFP provides tools and vocabulary for conflict resolution, community building, and identity exploration in communities and schools world-wide.
The mission of the Anne Frank Project is to use storytelling as a vehicle for community building, conflict resolution, and identity exploration. Inspired by the wisdom of Anne Frank, AFP surfaces and shares stories stifled by oppression.
What We've Achieved
- 1oo visits to local schools and organizations since 2013 reaching over 10,000 people!
- 8 National Social Justice Festivals with over 18,000 attendees!
- International artistic and educational collaborations with theatre and non-profit organizations.
- 4 original productions.
- AFP story-building and drama-based education model is used locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Teacher training in Rwanda and Kenya
- National Endowment for the Arts Our Town grant (2014) in partnership with the City of Buffalo, Friends of the Buffalo Story, and Young Audiences of WNY.
- Permanent residency at Lafayette International Community High School